Town Hall Services
The Town of Waxhaw has evaluated its services and is committed to supporting the community and our residents during the COVID-19 (coronavirus) public health crisis. In order to keep our employees and residents safe, all Town of Waxhaw government buildings (Town Hall, Town Hall Annex, and Public Services) will be closed to the public effective Monday, March 23rd until further notice.
The Town of Waxhaw will continue to serve residents in two ways:
- All services that can be provided via our website, phone and email will be completed virtually
- Select services will be provided by appointment only
- Trash Pick Up & Recycling will continue as normal
- Waxhaw Police Department will remain open
Changes to services provided by departments are outlined below and will be updated as more information becomes available.
Permit applications can be submitted online. We will make an appointment for someone who does not have online access to visit the office.
- Our permitting staff has been divided into two teams, each working every other day.
- Field inspectors are prohibited from returning to the office. They too are rotating days off.
- We are encouraging contractors who are working on occupied homes to delay their projects and inspections until a later date.
- We are accepting remote inspections as allowed by DOI when possible.
Planning staff will be working remotely beginning March 23rd. All staff will be available by phone or email to assist with all inquiries, and review plans and applications through digital means as usual. If you have hard copies that need delivery to staff, please make arrangements to do so by contacting Jeff Wells, Planning Director, at 704-843-2195 ext. 254 or email@example.com.
PARKS & RECREATION
Events are cancelled through the end of April and park facilities are not available to rent through April, but they may be reserved for future use. You can reserve park facilities online at waxhaw.recdesk.com.
The Spring Clean-Up Day on April 6th has been cancelled.